Sewage Treatment Plant
Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR) Sewage Treatment Plant
Over the years, due to unaffordability and lack of awareness, users were restricted to conventional systems of sewage treatment which are over 50-year-old technology. However, CBC Oman would like to present the latest advancement in Sewage Treatment i.e., Membrane Bio Reactor or MBR Technology. MBRs have been implemented in various countries in capacities ranging from 1-2 KLD up to and over 50 MLD. This is a time-tested technology that has now become more affordable.
Implementation of MBR technology is basically introducing filtration at micron levels combined with high efficiency bio degradation. Through this, we can completely avoid clarifiers, decanters, unnecessary tanks and collection sumps, addition of chemicals, sand filter and carbon filters etc.
The water coming out of MBR will be filtered up to 0.1 to 0.4 microns and will be free from e-coli, colour and odour. This water can be safely used for flushing, irrigation, floor washing and ground water recharge.
MBR is a technology developed to meet stringent treated water quality for residential and industrial wastewater.
- Sewage Water is sent through Bar Screens to filter out any larger debris, plastics etc. From here, it is taken to Oil & Grease trap to remove any heavy grease and light oils in the sewage. After this process, all organic matter will breakdown or dissolve and this sewage water gets collected in Raw Sewage Tank.
- Sewage from Raw Sewage Tank is taken into MBRProcess Chamber. MBR Process Chamber is a bioreactor fitted with components like air diffuser and membranes with a pore size ranging from 0.1 – 0.4 micron.
- MBR operates on the principle of biological/bacterial treatment. Sewage is digested efficiently at high MLSS levels.
- Residence time of waste water within the reactor is controlled by drawing rate from the membranes.
- Treated water is drawn from the reactor using suitable pumps.
- Pore size of the membrane is too small to allow bacteria/e-coli to pass through. Treated water at outlet of membrane is clean and clear.
- This treated water is sent for reuse and/or discharge.
Treated Water from MBR-STP can be safely reused for Flushing, Floor Washing, Inland Gardening, Agricultural purposes and Ground Water Recharging
Water Parameters :
|Description||Raw Sewage||Treated Water|
|pH||6.5 -7.5||6.5 -7.5|
|COD||≤ 350-400 ppm||≤ 50 ppm|
|BOD – ( 3 days @ 27 ˚C)||≤ 150-200 ppm||≤ 10 ppm|
|TSS||≤ 200 ppm||≤ 05 ppm|
|Oil & Grease||≤ 50 ppm||≤ 05 ppm|
|NH4-N (mg/l)||≤ 200 ppm||≤ 05 ppm|
|Fecal Coliform (MPN/100ml)||1000-2000||≤ 100|
|N-Total (mg/l)||≤ 400 ppm||≤ 10 ppm|
Space requirement is more (3-4 times more)
Low space requirement
Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Treatment required
After Primary, Secondary & Tertiary treatment are combined
Skilled manpower for operating
Unskilled manpower for running
High HRT – Low MLSS
Low HRT – High MLSS
Low SRT – Low digestion efficiency
High SRT – High digestion efficiency
High sludge generation
Low sludge generation
Difficult to maintain stringent parameters
Easy to upgrade to parameters 50% stringent than present levels
Less Power Consumption
VALUE ADDITION OF MBR STP
Future Proof – Advanced technology
Safety Hazard due to regular manual cleaning
Space is wasted
1/4th space of SBR is sufficient
Cannot deploy phase wise
Phase wise deployment
No odour issues
Costly AMC is a must
Chemical required for regular operations
No Chemicals needed
Inconsistent output – depends on operator
Flexible design as per your contours
Structural Impact due to civil work
Almost no structural impact
Eye sore and has to be hidden
Aesthetic and can be placed as show piece
We Provide the Best Service in Industry
The main reason to offer a free consultation is it gives you an opportunity to connect one-on-one with your prospects.